The thing about Boneless Chicken Breast is that it is very high on Protein and has almost no fat. This recipe is my own and requires the ingredients mentioned below. Cooking time is less and it can be consumed in a variety of ways like with Bread/Roti, Rice, you can put that in your sandwiches and what not! We will try to make it as tasty and healthy as possible.
- Turmeric Powder
- Ginger & Garlic
- Olive oil
- Boneless Chicken Breast(250 gms)
- 1 Onion, 1 Tomato
- Coriander leaves
- lemon juice
- Black Pepper and Salt
How to make it?
- First, we will wash our chicken and try to remove that white skin of fat as much as possible.
- Now make small cuts in chicken using a knife so that the marination can get inside and make sure your chicken Breast is not in big pieces as small pieces cook faster, and to keep the nutrition intact we prefer to reduce the cooking time.
- Now we will prepare the marination, for that we will take 2 spoons of curd, add a pinch of turmeric Powder, add a pinch of black pepper and salt to taste, then add some garlic and ginger paste to it. The packed Ginger garlic paste is high in sodium so you can just peel garlic and cut it into small pieces and chop ginger also and blend them (add no salt and oil) in the mixer grinder, and use this homemade paste.
- Mix your marination well, and toss chicken to it and put this marination inside those cuts and mix everything well and you may leave it for 30 mins. to 1 hour. But you can also continue straight-away.
- Now you need to Blend onion and tomato together to make a paste like this. The ratio of Onion and Tomato will be 2:1, add a quarter cup of water to make it liquidy.
- Put your pot on the stove, and heat it up, add some olive oil and after that, keep the flame to medium/medium-high, and add the chicken. If the pot is too high, the chicken will quickly absorb oil and turn white but we want to cook chicken perfectly so we cook on medium flame.
- Keep stirring, and frying both sides. You may also add butter to add extra fat or the buttery taste or you can also add some lemon juice. I am using both in this case. But they both are completely optional. To keep it healthier you may leave butter. After 2-3 minutes when the chicken becomes softer, you may now add the paste that we prepared. Add little more salt at this point. Mix it all well, and when it is well mixed, add 1 or 1.5 cups of water.
- Now let the gravy boil up then you can add vinegar if you want. You may check salt if it’s perfect for you, by tasting the gravy. Keep checking the chicken with a knife if it is soft, we don’t want to overcook.After a couple of minutes when it is ready, add coriander and serve hot! To make it spicier you can add green chilies and red chili powder in the marination or after step 7. Let me know what you think about it! Do leave comments and let me know your feedback. Thank you for checking my work out. Don’t forget to subscribe!